Wednesday, May 10, 2017

I don't really understand the hype


It's raw. it's primitive. It's poorly recorded.

It's Punk Rock.


Forming (1977)

I personally don't quite understand the fascination with this band other than Darby Crash's untimely death/suicide. He secured his legend, even if he timed it pretty poorly since Lennon got shot the next day and kind of overshadowed everything.

They were early and influenced a lot of people and the whole nine yards....but...

I don't know. I listen to the tracks I've got. I listen to "What We Do is Secret" and it's all kind of meh to me.

Whatever. More Germs for the rest of you, I suppose.

But I got this a long long time ago anyway and I've kept it.

According to Discogs it's a 2nd press.

[b]2nd pressing:[/b] What Records / US (The Germs* - Forming)
- Vinyl: Black
- Labels: Black print on white background, 45 rpm on the left
- Sleeve: Picture sleeve with a one dollar offer on the back (identical to the 1st)
- Insert: Identical to the "once more you morons" insert from the 1st pressing

The otherwise unidentified b-side is a live version of "Sexboy"

Enjoy?



Storm Trooper in Drag (1981)

An oddity to be sure. It's a "solo" single by original Tubeway Army bassist, Paul Gardiner.

Mr Gary Numan makes an appearance and it sounds for all the world more or less like an outtake by his former band. Not that that is necessarily a bad thing, but it's all just kind of uncomfortable in a lot of ways.

Enjoy too?

No comments:

Post a Comment