Monday, September 11, 2017

A Quick One Before I Go For a Bike Ride


It's another really nice day outside.

It's four months ago and it's late spring and it finally got warm enough that I've convinced myself that I'm going to commute to work a couple times a week again.

That's a 7 1/2 mile journey each way.

I'll need to work myself up to that on top of a twelve hour shift on my feet in between. If I don't do it this week, I won't and I'll have to drop a bundle on new fat pants come fall.

I am vain and cheap enough not to let that happen.



Gymslips (1982)

The Gymslips were from London. They named themselves after school jumpers.

One of the most popular things I ever posted here seems to be the Dolly Mixture compilation and the singles.

If you liked that. You may like this. The Gymslips first single.

It's a cover of "48 Crash" originally done by Suzi Quatro in 1973 at the height of glam.



I don't have the sleeve for this. I'm pretty sure I picked it up years ago in the 90's from the dollar bin by the counter at Bleecker Bob's (R.I.P.).
It was slightly before anybody was showing any interest or love for this kind of stuff and hilarious to me to watch the clerk sort of panic as I thumbed through the bin getting kind of excited to find things in it. He had the look of somebody who was suddenly every worried that he'd mispriced a bunch of valuable stuff for a mere dollar in those days before there was an internet to confirm the going rate for any record ever made.

That totally made my day. 

It was made even more when I gave it a spin and found that I'd chosen well. It's a pretty damn good little tune even without a picture sleeve.

You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment