Thursday, March 3, 2016

Finishing things up

There's someplace I kind of ought to be. I'm not there. I'm here doing this. For better or worse. And today's post is more housekeeping than anything important. I've got one more Delta 5 single that needs to go up and I'm going to pair it with the first Com-Sat Angels seven inch because they seem like they go together well enough to make the post somewhat more coherent than I am.



Probably and arguably not their finest effort, but listenable and the capper on their career and the extent of their recorded works that I currently own. I'm not actively seeking out more, but should I come across it at a reasonable price, I might pick it up if the urge strikes me.

 

The first single by Sheffield's Com-Sat Angels (or CS Angels as they would eventually be known as). This single got them a three record major label deal to the mildest of successes and years of frustration. Such is the life. No matter. I rather like this about as much as I really don't like their later stabs at more commercial AOR music that they hoped would make them rich or at least allow them to lead comfortable middle class existences without having to hold down a regular job. I wonder what they're doing now? Well, not really. I've got this single to remember the glory days with. And that's enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment