Monday, May 25, 2020

Y'all Need More 90s Indiepop in Your Life


It's like its own special kind of musical vitamin.
I don't want you to be deficient.
Builds strong mental immune systems or something.

I don't know, I'm a record collector, not a doctor.




Louise Brooks (1991)

The Legendary Bang were from Germany and named this seven inch after a 20's film star famous for her bobbed haircut and being seriously incredibly easy on the eyes in a manner that transcends nearly a century. I mean, look




These were Miss America contestants from 1921

This was Louise Brooks in 1924
 
I rest my case.


 The Legendary Bang provide listeners with lovely jangly primitive pop songs in the same vein as the Bartlebees but with the added pleasure of some female vocals to break up the sonic sausage fest.

They also aren't afraid to kick out the proverbial jams with some extra fast strummy action.

This gives me a warm fuzzy.








Cool Jets Baby (1996)

First release on Kindercore by the band of the founders of the label, Ryan Lewis and Daniel Geller. A few years ago I posted their split single with Wolfie that came with the Kindercore Record of the Month from 2000.

This is more of that kind of stuff.

Just download it already.
You know you want to...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment