Thursday, September 10, 2020

This is a Public Service Announcement (Without Guitars)

 

Ok kids, so I have a problem.
I have too much stuff I want to post.

I didn't say it was a bad problem.

I've lived in the Twin Cities now for way too many years. There has always been a pretty vibrant music scene here that nobody outside the area knew about. Fuck, even people here didn't know or give a shit about it until something became better known outside of Minnesota. Then they loudly start crowing about someone being from Minnesota. 

Hell, the local media would have you believe that Dylan's real first name is "Minnesota Native".

But I digress.

A number of years back I decided that I ought to try and seek out music by the local bands that my various outfits played with and all the people I knew who had bands. Then there was all the other bands that I saw and liked when I went to see friends play. And then the stuff I remember from local college radio and then.... and then...

Shit kind of snowballed from there.


I realized that there was a metric fuck ton of good local music that was in danger of being lost forever to indifference and the dumpster of the unsold one dollar disc bin. So I've been slowly buying up lots and lots of it recently.

At this point in time, the Swinging Singles Club is still queued up months and months in advance.

So I started another thing exclusively for the Minnesota based stuff called very imaginatively Swinging Singles Club MN. I put a link on the front page.

So from here on in regular flavor SSC is going Minnesota free and the curious can trot over to the other blog to see what they've been missing all these years.

I'm kicking it off with Lifter Puller.
This is the precursor to the Hold Steady, but better.

Go get 'em Tiger.




1 comment:

  1. This is a welcome development. Double the flavor, double the fun! Thanks for LFTR PLLR.

    ReplyDelete