Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Not all Sarah Bands Were Whiny

I'm pretty sure that the first single on the Sarah label that I picked up lo those many years ago was this one by the Golden Dawn. I don't know why. It may simply have been that it was cheap enough and looked interesting enough to me on that particular day that I decided to fork over a couple of bills to see what it was about.



I may have had the opportunity to listen to it. There were listening stations at some places I frequented where one might sample some of the used wares. I think the first few seconds of "George Hamilton's Dead" would certainly have sold me with "Let's Build a Dyson Sphere" sealing the deal. I have no regrets. 

(I also might have been initially interested because the name is the same as a particular 60's band who put out one rather decent record on International Artists and I liked making mixed tapes.)



 


So at some point I added Sarah Records to my list of things to pick up when I ran across them cheap enough. It didn't always work out for the better (there's quite a bit of really whiny crap) but there were more than a few winners that balanced out things enough to make it worth my while.



 


 I ended up with two by Action Painting. The noisier of them is the second one. I like that one better. Your mileage will vary.


No comments:

Post a Comment