Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Kindercore Single of the Month Club - January, February

Way back in 1999 I forked over something like fifty bucks cash up front to Kindercore Records to join in on their proposed Single of the Month Club. It was a fair chunk of change to me at the time. (Still is, actually) But it seemed like a brilliant concept. I give them money and they send me one brand new and usually exclusive split seven inch record by various bands.

Some of these bands I already knew and like, a few were various Elephant Six Recording Co. projects that I wanted to keep up on and mostly

I like pop songs and getting mail. It was a win-win.

And with various kerfuffles and mix ups and outright fuck ups etc... Things came out of proposed order and the final two singles for November and December never actually materialized. I waited and waited, but they just never happened. The identity of the last four bands on those last two is lost to me in the mists of time with the internet strangely enough being of no help in the matter. I do remember being kind of disappointed because at least on of those lost singles was one of the reasons I joined in the first place.


 


 



I set the records aside as they came in with the idea that instead of listening to them individually I'd for whatever reason save them all up for the entire year and listen to them all at once in one fell swoop and then make a big compilation tape to listen to at work. I never ended up getting around to it. So after fourteen years I find myself finally sitting down and listening to them and while making these little sonic packets for sharing. There's some good stuff.

I probably shouldn't have waited.

2 comments:

  1. Great blog, thanks! The Jan and Feb Kindercore links are to the jpegs of the sleeves and not to the music. Can you please give us links to the tunes? Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fixed. Apparently it's been like that for a few months already which goes to show how often somebody actually looks at this thing.

    ReplyDelete