Monday, October 26, 2015

More of that good stuff.

Not that everything I post isn't a gem in one way or another. But I especially like these two.


Clay Allison (1984)

Kendra Smith, late of the Dream Syndicate with David Roback late of Rain Parade. They would go on to form Opal who would go on to become Mazzy Star with the departure of Kendra and the addition of Hope Sandoval. Hope Sandoval is quite easy on the eyes, but I really prefer Kendra Smith's voice for this dreamy reverby pop. This is an all time favorite single.

It's included on the long oop Early Recording's compilation by Opal. I might be convinced to upload that along with the more T Rex sounding follow up "Happy Baby Nightmare" if asked nicely.




Carsickness were from Pittsburgh, PA. This doesn't sound at all like you would expect from the sleeve. That's a good thing.  Three singles and two lps. I'm still looking. I'd like more.


No comments:

Post a Comment