Saturday, October 3, 2015

Behind the Door I Keep the Universe


Starting the month off with my penultimate Dentists post.



Here it is. Their major label debut which came and went with nary a whimper. It's still very much the same band, but now with added production which may or may not have actually been a bad thing. Personally, I'm less a fan of late 80's and early 90's production values and in a sense this long player lacks some of the immediacy of previous releases. But working in a proper studio with a budget is I suppose a learning curve and there is the sophomore slump. Perhaps not the first Dentists item I'll pull out but not one that will cause me to change if it crops up randomly.
Before this cd was released there was a special 3x7" box set called "Bigbangredshiftblackholes" put out with just about the entire album on it's six sides along with a few extra miscellaneous things including a pretty credible version of Motorhead's "Ace of Spades" I'm pretty sure I tacked that onto  this. (If not and somebody's interested just leave a message. I'm around.)

No comments:

Post a Comment