Monday, November 23, 2015

Countdowns

Two singles that sit side by side in the box.










the Countdowns (1967)

New England garage on a Holyoke, Mass label. A lovely song celebrating the girl who works third shift. I can relate. I work nights.

I'm always a little confused by dates on stuff like this because it sounds to me like it should have been released at least a couple years earlier. I like both sides a lot on this one, but I've always been a big proponent of the New England 60's garage sound. I mean, I love a good fuzz punk pounder as much as the next person, there's something about the moody pop side that hits me deep in the feels.




Meanwhile in Galveston, Texas




the Countdown 5 (1967)



There's apparently a picture sleeve for this with a first pressing on a different label of the band all neatly coiffed and in matching collarless white jackets with black trim (I'm assuming since it's a black and white photo) They look like fine upstanding young men.

No comments:

Post a Comment