Saturday, August 5, 2017

With Me When I Need a Friend


Yeah, It's August.

That's also a song from my personal favorite Love album.

Here's a link to it.

You're welcome.



Kim the Waitress (1986)


Speaking of things that are personal favorites...

(*Note clever segue)

Here's the first single by the Green Pajamas and one of the best non-beer related dollars I ever spent in the late 80's. Another awkward staple of mixed tapes for girls. Lovely stuff from Seattle in the gray rainy days before Grunge would come along and ruin everything.

Some of the older kids in the audience may be familiar with the song through a decidedly inferior and overwrought version by Material Issue in 1994 that entirely misses the earnestness of  the original to make it seem much more creepy. Much more. They sound less like shy artists with a crush on a pretty girl and more like stalkers with a knife, a shovel and a supply of duct tape in the trunk of their car. No wonder Kim quit her job and avoids the place.

But the Green Pajamas.

That's the fucking ticket, Jack.


Discipline (1982)

I think, If  I've made one thing apparent last Autumn (see there's actually a theme developing here that I didn't actually think of until just now. Damn, I'm good) it's that I really really love the Fall.

So here's God's Gift. This is there 3rd single as duly noted on the sleeve.

They too were from the war torn streets of Manchester England. They have some sonic similarities to the mighty Fall that extend beyond the Mancunian accent.

It's more of the good stuff. 

2 comments: