Thursday, September 20, 2018

Not Much Really Needs Saying for This to Make Its Point


I'm not doing anything of any importance tonight.

Least of all this post.

But it is as the kids say "Lit AF!"




My Dad's a Fuckin' Alcoholic (1983)

This is Frantix. I paid more money for this seven inch record than I had ever previously spent on a record. Not a huge amount in record collecting terms, but more than I've ever been willing to part with for a piece of vinyl.

I have no regrets. It's a fucking monster of a record and makes me happy.
That's what life is all about.




Masochist in Drag (1983)

I also got this single by Golden Gate Jumpers recently too. It doesn't tickle my fancy to quite the same extent, but it cost me considerably less. Perhaps if one were to quantify things like comparison shopping they may just about even out in terms of the cost to enjoyment ratio.
If one was able to make a math of such things.

This is the fourth of four singles that James Freeman made under this moniker.

According to his website:

"After a stint of cabaret singing and stand up comedy, Freeman has returned his focus to musical composition in a new light, combining jazz and classical, seeking a spiritual vision."

So yeah, there's that too. 
It does not appear that he has updated anything since June of 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment