Thursday, January 9, 2020

I Noticed This in the Folder and Decided to Post It Now.


Here's the final piece of a puzzle that I began assembling back in 2014.





Color Blind (1983)

It's the middle release by Acrylix.

I posted their first single back in 2014


A good friend of mine in high school really liked it. I hadn't seen him in over thirty years, but we'd reconnected on Facebook as old people do. It was nice to hear from him. He'd occasionally download some of this stuff. He made a point to tell me that one was a favorite.

In 2018 I put up the final 12" with a much more dance oriented mix.

I'm not sure he got to hear that one. 
Sometime that year he died following complications following a BMT for leukemia. 

I regret that I never got to go and have a drink or six with him before that. That would have been fun and a deluge of laughter and Monty Python bits.
it just wasn't in the cards, I guess.

 But life is like that and the older you get the more dead people you know. 
That's just how it is. 
You either know them or are them.


I like to think that he'd really like this one too. (Well, actually I'm pretty sure he'd get a kick out of "Dear John". It's pretty hilariously overwrought and dramatic.)

So this is dedicated to you, James. 
I hope they keep the good whisky wherever you are.



No comments:

Post a Comment