Thursday, April 9, 2020

Free From All Charges or Deductions


Last of my Sandra Bell plus a bonus






Net (1995)



I will admit that I didn't really listen to this very much when I first got it. By the middle of the 90s my brain was drifting away from this sound. Which isn't so much a knock on this compact disc. It's a fine effort. I just don't have much of a memory or sense of it from the time.
 
Which in itself is nice since I can listen to it now for itself and as it exists now rather than as a contemplation of who or what I was a quarter century ago.

 It's definitely of its time which again isn't bad.
 It's a time capsule of a place and a process.
Which is also not to say that it hasn't aged well.
It sounds as good now as then but sounds are emanating from a sonic past that no longer exists.
It's a ghost record
Let it flow through your mind and haunt your late nights.



Bonus time!



Instress Vol 1 (1995)

I'm just going to throw this split 7" with John Davis (the Folk Implosion) in here so it doesn't end up sitting in the pile for the next decade. You get one more nugget of Sandra Bell and a full side of John Davis plying his lo-fi 90s folk trade.


No comments:

Post a Comment