Thursday, April 2, 2020

If You Liked Last September's Posts


Then have I got some more you may enjoy along the same lines that should knock your socks off presuming you're wearing socks.

I currently am not.
I'm typing this from July 2019 and it's 90F and humid as fuck and sitting around in my underpants listening to the fan.

I just woke up about an hour ago. I'm still on my first coffee and the Red Sox game is blacked out on MLB.tv.

So here we are.






Dreams of Falling (1991)

Sandra Bell.

This started life as an Xpressway cassette before being picked up by Belgian label Turbulence for release on formats less inclined to be eaten by their prospective players. (Especially the extra cheap quality tapes that Bruce Russell sprang for. Always one dirty capstan away from disaster. I have a small batch of really rare ones that I need to convert that I just dread playing for that reason.)

Anyway.

Here it is the lo-fi in hi-fi compact disc version.

In this venture she's ably abetted in spots by some of the usual suspects. Peter Gutteridge (Snapper, etc..), Bruce Blucher (Cylops, Trash, BVC etc..), David Mitchell (3Ds, Ghost Club etc...), Alastair Galbraith (the Rip, Plagal Grind, etc...) and watched over all by the one and only Peter Jefferies.

With that cast of characters on an Xpressway cassette there really isn't much need to try and describe the music. It's dark and dreamy and sounds exactly like you would expect if you've ever paid attention to this sort of thing.

Play it on a gloomy day.


No comments:

Post a Comment