Tuesday, November 3, 2020

The Drill Remains the Same


I should really consider eating something before I start posting because I inevitably realize that I'm hungry and haven't eaten the moment I start typing and I'd have something more interesting to talk about as a lead-in to the rest of this nonsense.

Oh well.
A pattern is a pattern.
(and the beans and wienies in the fridge merely await a reheat for consumption.)

I also am aware that the previous post was the 666th one I've done which is scary in more than one way.




A Girl For All Seasons (1999)

Following up from the previous post of sweet pop music with the initial appearance by Allen Clapp and the gang calling themselves the Orange Peels.
It's on the Bus Stop Label so you know I would have picked it up regardless.

And now everybody's a winner.




Something Strange (1993)

The Non-Stop Kazoo Organization is a tad bit more mysterious than you might expect.

This one even confuses the folks over at Cloudberry Cake who are usually really good about digging up the dirt on these kinds of twee indiepop wonders.

No matter. The main dude involved is named Jacques Speyser and it's French. He's involved with a number of other bands also on the Cornflakes Zoo label.

The vagueness of it all should just make it more appealing which is not even particularly necessary since it's more than appealing enough on its own.

So there.

No comments:

Post a Comment