Friday, April 29, 2016

Demonstration Tapes



Dolly Mixture had one final release up their collective sleeves. In 1984 they released a very limited double lp set in a plain white sleeve, handstamped and autographed with four solid sides of various demos they'd recorded over their four year existence. A solid thousand were released into the wild. I've never seen a copy myself.



However, not long after I'd purchased the three singles from the previous post I read that there was a reissue on Royal Mint. But alas, it was nowhere to be found on my side of the Atlantic and inquiring after it only got me puzzled looks by the various record store clerks I asked.

Fortunately for me I had a brief correspondence at the time with Stewart Anderson of Boyracer and at some point the idea of some record swapping came up. I ended up tracking down a couple of Lp's from Hasil Adkins for him and he sent me this. I think I actually came out on the better end of that deal. This came and went in a flash just as quick as the original. (and copies on Discogs are priced at over $75.) It was reissued again by a German label in an edition of 300 in 2010 using the original stamp and also autographed. These are also priced at a premium for some reason.

The band itself for their part that same year put out a limited 3 cd box with everything they recorded called "Everything and More" which is pretty high on my want list....

No comments:

Post a Comment