Saturday, August 23, 2014

Cap'n Jazz vs. Gang Green



For the longest while I'd prowl budget 7" bins and look for things that seemed interesting and if I could pick them up for a buck or two, I'd just buy them. It was a bit of a gamble that sometimes paid off and sometimes didn't. It's part of the reason I've got so many fucking 45's. One time I picked up this particular single by Cap'n Jazz. Apparently some of the members went onto bigger things that I never listened to. I also didn't listen to this single much. I'm giving it another chance. I also didn't scan the cover. Make of that what you will.

Gang Green on the other hand were the fastest hardcore band in Boston. They would eventually turn into a walking punk rock advertisement for Budweiser. I saw them a few times at various all ages shows at the Channel in Boston. This is and their tracks on the "Boston Not LA" compilation are probably their high points in my book. (If you forget "Taaang Dub" happened. I assume that it exists to fill up the rest of a side that only had a 45 second song on it.)


No comments:

Post a Comment