Sunday, August 31, 2014

Department S

I don't really know much about Department S. Apparently they named themselves after some short lived UK television show about spies. If you're really adventurous you there exists a truly ancient webpage with an earthlink(!) address that purports to tell their tale. I'm inclined to believe it since it's that old. They had two other singles beside these two that I don't currently have and there are numerous versions of each of these. "Going Left Right" is a truly kickass tune. It's the sort of tune I have to hit replay on when it comes up in random play. I quite like it.

Department S

I'm pretty sure that "Is Vic There?" is probably the first song I heard on some college radio station in Boston back in 1980. A number of years later when I was in the throes of a first failed band the other guitarist chose "Put All the Crosses on the Right Boxes" as a song he wanted to cover.


No comments:

Post a Comment