Monday, October 13, 2014

Another Sunny Day

If ever someone was to conceive of a soundtrack to the Friend Zone I do not doubt that it would heavily favor the morose twee ramblings that Sarah Records specialized in. Case in point I would offer up a few of these tidbits from Another Sunny Day. (I mean, their first single is called "I'm in Love with a Girl Who Doesn't Know I Exist" fer cryin' out loud.)



 
So it's all here. All the aching and longing for a love that cannot be. All the angst your teenage heart can handle until it's almost bursting. (I have a tear in my eye yet as I type this)




 This is the sound of old girlfriends and missed opportunities basted in reverb and guitars. It's a pain that transcends time and place and little things of life like washing dishes or making your bed. Your heart hurts.
 You're totally allowed to wallow.




No comments:

Post a Comment