Saturday, June 11, 2016

The difference a D makes


It was so much presumable fun posting like named bands last time I'm going to do it again.



From Chicago. They apparently aren't big fans of paperwork and offices. They do apparently enjoy Buddy Holly enough to garage up a version of "Not Fade Away" on the b-side. Though it may be that they only learned the song from the Rolling Stones.

the Endd - Project Blue (1966)

From LaPorte, Indiana. Our first Hoosier record, I think. This is one of those great fuzz records. The b-side here is a cover of the Banshees recording of "Project Blue",  the fuzz makes it worth the trip. I think I like the sparer sound of the Endd myself. For my tastes though the Plug Side "Out of my Hands" is the fucking money shot. It's a heartfelt fuzz ballad. He met somebody new and he can't help himself. It's biology, baby. Teen tragedy at its finest and that drum fill just slays me.

No comments:

Post a Comment