Tuesday, September 6, 2016

the Five


The Five.


 Napalm Beach (1981)

They originated in Pittsburgh, PA in 1979 or 80. Then they moved to Boston.

I used to see this band a lot. Once again not intentionally, but simply because they played a fucking hell of a lot and played with and opened for lots of other bands that I did intentionally go to see. They weren't my favorite. They were very dark and that just wasn't my thing.

This is their stupidly rare second single. I will have have you know that there is an unfortunate defect in the vinyl itself in my copy that effects the first 30 or so seconds of each side (You know, the fucking quiet bits) I took a while and carefully excised as much of the noise as I could from each track so spare you (and me) from it. You're welcome. It could sound even worse.


The Five (1987)

Sometime just about the point where they were finishing up their run they put this sole Lp.

I can appreciate this so much more now at this distance from my youthful self in the moment. And if I got this Lp for any reason at all its the final track here "When Yr Done".  They definitely grew quite a bit over the years and were a reliable live presence. This is a lost classic.


No comments:

Post a Comment