Monday, September 19, 2016

The only song you need to listen to today.


I had some other 60's garage stuff that I thought I was going to post, but it just didn't seem up to snuff after I got to this one. So it's going it alone here today.







Sonny Flaharty & the Mark V (1965)



The song "Hey Conductor" is what the kids and record store clerks like to refer to as a "motherfuckin' Fuzz Monster" from Dayton, Oh. (Just like Guided by Voices.)

It's a zippy little number about a boy who wants to  go on a train ride and is seeking out the conductor in order to purchase a ticket because he needs that slip of paper in order to go on this trip he really wants to go on.

There is absolutely no subtext in that.


I will also add that there is another side to this record. It is precisely as terrible as the one side is awesome. Not a whit more, nor a whit less.

No comments:

Post a Comment