Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Welcome to my world








Live at the Channel 5.12.88


So I was at this show. If you knew what to listen for you could even pick me out in the audience cheering. I can be quite loud when I want to be. This was simulcast on the radio and my friend Mark taped it for me. I appreciated that and still do. This was my first time seeing the band live. It wasn't exactly an amazing show, but it was still the culmination of a long fucking wait for me.

Unfortunately this is a bit of a placeholder until I can track down the original cassette. It's only a 192k rip I made a number of years back and one that is probably in need of an upgrade. If I can figure out where I put the damn tape....

Of interest is their singular nod to the past. The Fall live usually only concentrate on the most recent record and newest songs. Mark E is not exactly one to go out and do a greatest hits show. But they will usually throw the audience a bone and surprise us with an oldie but goodie out of nowhere. In this case it was a version of "Pay Your Rates" from 1980's "Grotesque (after the Gramme)"

It almost makes up for the plodding and seemingly endless version of "Kurious Oranj". I still really don't like that fucking song.

No comments:

Post a Comment