Monday, December 26, 2016

The X in Xmas is a substitute cross for Christ...


So apparently it's Christmas. I'll be working. It's Ok, I get paid double for it.

But what did I get you for this holiday?

A post that isn't even remotely related to the Fall, that's what.
You're welcome.



So during that whole period of time I was spamming my own crap b(l)og with posts by Mark E and the not even slightly Funky Bunch, I sought to utilize that time to try and catch up the digitizing of 12" vinyl to where I'd left off with the 7". So you have a number of Lp rarities to look forward to in the coming months. Lucky you.

This is one of them and perhaps the best thing I didn't realize I had. I'd picked it up a while ago and stuck it in the pile and kind of forgot about it. It sat there languishing for a few months until I got the hankering to hit the Lp stack and get caught up and realized that I'd been unwittingly depriving myself of this gem this whole time. How could I have been so foolish.

The gist of  it is that this is a solo Lp by one of the members of the Fans, a then popular Athens, Georgia band that was part of the scene that gave the rest of us the B-52's and REM. It's fabulous New Wave synth pop. But not the hot pink pants and wraparound sunglasses kind that wants to dance. It's a thinking man's synth pop. You can dance to it, but there's something more that meets the ear going on. It's the good good stuff that I'm baffled I hadn't been exposed to earlier in my life.

So here you go. I especially like this one. Learn from my mistakes and listen to this before it's too late. Life is too short not to.

2 comments:

  1. I just found your blog while searching for Subterranean Records stuff, and I found many other great things among your posts. I enjoy your writing, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks.

    Glad you're enjoying it. It's why I keep the lights on.

    ReplyDelete