Friday, December 30, 2016

Katy


Many many years ago in the depth of the Reagan years I worked briefly with a punk rock chick named Katy. We worked at a sandwich shop and would play homemade mix tapes for our own amusement and the consternation of the customers. On one of her tapes she put a song called "Johnny's Got a Problem" that I took a fancy to. So I bought the album.

 
 
I remember Katy as a very sweet girl. One time former television movie critic and gossip columnist Rex Reed came into the restaurant and yelled at her and made her cry.
Rex Reed is a dick.
Eventually, Katy went to too many free vegetarian meals as a poor punk rocker and ended up quitting and becoming a Hari Krshna. After that I never ran into her again.
I don't listen to this record very often, but when I do I wonder whatever happened to her. 
I hope it all worked out for the better.

 
 
 
*Also of note is that the end of Side One has a backwards bit. I tacked the track going forwards at the end of the file here for your enjoyment and erudition. Unfortunately it's not a satanic call for the blood of the newly born, but just some silliness from the band. Apply with caution anyway.


No comments:

Post a Comment