Friday, January 6, 2017

It's definitely Flue season.


So I've got a bunch of stuff in the "To Post" pile 

Mostly 12" vinyl for the time being as that's what I've been going through as of late while the stuff already queued in this cruddy blog dribbles away slowly into a festering pool of records and run-on sentences that aren't really any more descriptive than the average shampoo bottle. (Those who grew up before cell phones know what I mean...)

It's been a week or so more last I sat my ass down to type and I've kind of lost my place. I had a plan and a loose posting order in mind and I've kind of forgotten it and started this post three times after realizing I'd already queued that record.

And the only reason I'm doing this now is because there's some kind of slow assed motherfucking Windows update that's taken over my recording laptop and preventing me from recording the Axemen Lp I picked up over the weekend which is what I'd intended to be doing before starting this.

Anyway, It's January. It's cold. the coldest month and everybody's sick.

May this be the only Flue you have this whole winter.






 




I didn't look too hard, but about all I know is that this little gem is that the band was from the Netherlands and that somebody reissued it with extra tracks in 2005 in really limited numbers.

It's synth infested moody New Wave that probably owes more than a little bit to Gary Numan at a point in time when he seemed pointing to a musical future that didn't quite materialize. Lots of chorus and flange and swirly bits too. Good driving music for those dark gray winter commutes in the eternal half dark.

For me personally "Jerome" is the standout track. (They must concurred since it was also released as a stand alone single.)
And to cap it all off a 10 minute long improvisation that comprises the title track.

I have nothing more to add.



No comments:

Post a Comment