Thursday, January 26, 2017

The Existential Anguish of Living


I like this record.

A lot


I'm going to look back at previous posts now. I find it actually hard to believe I didn't already post this Angst elongated player on Happy Squid. I quite like it. It has a song about Neil Armstrong, the astronaut. Astronauts are fucking cool. Even if I have, I'm just going to leave this here. You could do worse today than listen to this again.

And they were brave enough to ask the important burning question of the time "Does Nancy perform perform acts of oral copulation?" A song in that canon of Reagan era first lady based compositions that was only bested by the Sun City Girls in terms of crass hilarity and speculation.  

Black Francis cites them as a big influence on him and the Pixies and they went on from here to release a number of Lps on SST. I haven't heard those, but I suppose I should.

In the meantime we can both enjoy this.


1 comment:

  1. Many a mixtape I made included "Neil Armstrong" -- back in the days when making many mixtapes was a thing that a man such as I might do.

    Never knew that Francis was an Angst fan. I remember that he acknowledged "For The Love Of Ivy" as a big influence on the whole loud/quiet/loud thing.

    ReplyDelete