Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Collaborative efforts


Sort of running out of creative ways to describe Mr. Galbraith's oeuvre.

What say we stick with "Good Stuff" for now

or at least until I'm awake or had enough coffee to expand my vocabulary enough to do justice to what it is.

Or just listen and come up with your own idea.

Here's a pair of collaborative seven inches.




Tae Keening (1995)

With Demarnia Lloyd.




Orange Raja, Blood Royal (1995)

It's probably around this time that I got to see Alastair live and in person at the Uptown Bar & Grill (r.i.p.) with Peter Jefferies and I think, Trash. (Sandra Bell may have been involved as well. But there were a lot of NZ folks touring though town at that time and it was a long time ago. Details may be a bit jumbled in my fading memory)

I bought one of the few remaining copies of the Plagal Grind ep from Mr. Jefferies and one of the 30 or so copies of Mr. Galbraith's "Seconds" cassette (which I'll digitize some day when I'm not quite so afraid of my cassette deck eating it.) which he'd made exclusively for the tour and sorely underestimated demand for. (they were gone in two stops)

Peter Jefferies sat in my booth while we watched Alastair's set.
(It went something like this but younger.)

But this single is our hero adding his bits in a trans-world tape exchange collaboration with John Darnielle (aka Mountain Goats). It's more Mountain Goats than Galbraith, but this is where I'd originally filed it so I'm sticking it here anyway. I'll probably put it away differently now.

No comments:

Post a Comment