Saturday, September 23, 2017

Some Days I Just Don't Have It in Me.


Yeah, it's chilly and there's a cat in my lap and I'm just generally feeling kind of grouchy,  but things must happen and I'll churn out a post or two and call it good


Spy (1981)

So we're continuing with the Half Japanese stuff. There's also going to be some Jad Fair stuff mixed in because they're essentially the same thing. After the big box set of the last post we start getting to the things that I can listen to more often.

It does however start off with a Doors cover. I never really liked the Doors.

They were music that the people who gave me a shit in high school listened to. Plus Morrison was such a pretentious douche who's literary stylings were about as profound as anything that ever was scrabbled in a teenage sophomore journal.

I just can't do it.

But here's the Half Japanese take on it.





I find the other side of this to be more enjoyable anyway.





Take It Magazine Flexi (1981)

In the year of 1981, Half Japanese also shared space on this flexi with the Mutants that came with a copy of Take It Magazine, back issues of which you can apparently still purchase.

How cool is that?

On this one the boys in the band do a version of "Heart" by Petula Clark but done much better by those Boston garage legends the Remains. That's the one that I know and love ever since I found a beat original mono copy of that Remains Lp for two whole dollars in Central Square in probably 1983 or so.

But you can listen to this one now.


No comments:

Post a Comment