Wednesday, October 11, 2017

This is a Test


I'm not sure what kind of test, but it seemed like if I typed that phrase up there as a title then in the time it took me to hit enter and start working on the body of this post I could in that half a second devise some kind of gimmick that would allow that particular title to make sense.

I have failed.

Perhaps that was the test. 

I have failed my own test.

(But to be fair, in the midst of typing the above sentences my wife came in and asked me to smell something to tell her if I thought it was spoiled. Having potentially spoiled food thrust under ones nose with very little warning is a bit of a distraction from whatever might otherwise be occupying ones thoughts. Such trains of thought are easily derailed. Especially when accompanied by old food that smells slightly off. That has quite the opposite effect of focusing ones concentration on something completely unrelated to the unwelcome scents of questionable edibles. Of this much you can be assured.)

Now where was I?

Oh  that's right...

Sing No Evil (1985)

This was the last of the Lps I purchased by Half Japanese. My interests went elsewhere, but I kept these too.  I quite like them.

This one least of all because it has "Firecracker, Firecracker" on it.

The song with the immortal words:

"Boys got the muscles
Teachers got the brains
Girls got the sexy legs, they win the game
Muscles ain't strong
Brain's ain't smart
But oh, those legs, they won my heart"

Truer words have seldom been spoken.



No comments:

Post a Comment