Monday, November 6, 2017

Hi Ho


It's the first hot day of summer 2017 as I type this in the not so distant past while looking forward to the first cold days of autumn whence this post will finally appear. I have the weekend off and three different events I can attend tomorrow provided I can drag my night shift working ass out of bed before 6pm.

I'm not entirely hopeful that I will manage it, but stranger things have happened and such.


So We Go (1996)


The Hang Ups dropped full length #2 in 1996.

There's new songs and some old favorites that hadn't made it to the first one and in general it's a step in the same shiny pop direction. Familiar live songs transformed in the studio into the heightened versions of themselves.

Essentially, if you enjoyed the previous one, there's no reason not to feel the same or more about this one. Shimmery pop songs about girls with harmony vocals right out of the Byrds.

For those not familiar with Minneapolis, the Entry in the  song of that name refers to the 7th St Entry which is the smaller room adjunct to First Avenue which most people are familiar with from the movie "Purple Rain" It's a great room to play in. (except that one time my Traynor amp literally blew on stage with a flash and smoke in the middle of a set...)

That's about all I have for today.

I worked a long hard week and want an adult beverage.

No comments:

Post a Comment