Thursday, November 16, 2017

Round on Both Ends and Hi in the Middle


I  have no time or patience for this right now, but time and progress must march forward...


Two items from the state of Ohio.

I think I've made myself pretty clear on that previously.



Circle A Indicator (1997)

Harriet the Spy.
Emo-ish band from Kent, Ohio.
I don't hold it against them.
They probably need a hug anyway.

That wasn't a haiku.


They are defunct
and haven't even looked at their FB page in a couple of years


I Keep a Close Watch (1978)

Nearly twenty years previous and nearly as emotional Harvey Gold released this tidbit on Clone Records. He's best known for being in Akron legends Tin Huey.

It's a cover of a really lovely John Cale tune that is easily as good as any of a million overly covered tunes you can name.

The other side is a bit stranger.
There's a bridge where the lyrics are:

...Billy get off the toilet
    be a singer (x3)
    just like your father..."


You can take that as a recommendation.

No comments:

Post a Comment