Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Meanwhile on either side of the pond


 It's 7 inch compilations time

4 Alternatives (1979)

A four song sampler on Heartbeat Records of Bristol, England bands circa 1979. It's the earnest sound of youth. For whatever reason the Joe Public track is the clear winner for me here. I don't have a dog in this fight, but I put their sole other release in my wantlist after picking this up.


Meanwhile.....


Go Go (1979)

Two out of three bands here are from Philadelphia with the third JJ 180 being from Santa Cruz, Ca. Helen Wheels has some stuff coming up in the near future and I know fuck all about King of Siam.

JJ 180 are named after a highly addictive drug in the novel "Now Wait For Last Year" by Philip K Dick. (It's one of the better ones. Read it.) After a lineup change they became the Realtors whose 7" "Buy or Beware" will be gracing this screen some distant future just like a PK Dick novel and maybe just slightly less addictive.

You have been warned.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the comps; thanks for referencing Philip K Dick!
    -Anonymous John

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any chance you could post the Realtors 7" mentioned?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eventually.
    I'm working through things slowly while adding new stuff all the time. In the main singles boxes I'm up to "Mo" and have posts already queued up to November. (I'm already close to maxing out my mediafire space and having to start deleting stuff)

    It could be a while, but someday...

    ReplyDelete