Saturday, December 2, 2017

Childishness


So it looks like the snake is starting to eat itself. The large batch of posts that I started to queue up is already starting to appear five months ago while I forge ahead with today's post like a tiny time capsule to be dug up on this date in December.

It's all timey wimey wibbly wobbly, I guess.




Girl From '62 (1991)

So many years before I or most people were aware of Guided by Voices and Robert Pollard's one man recording industry and some years past the heyday of  a new Fall release every few months there was Billy Childish. He made a lot of records. A lot of them. By himself and under various aliases and with numerous bands. In 1991 Sub Pop put out a two cd compilation of a fraction of his catalog I Am the Billy Childish subtitled "Fifty Songs from Fifty Records"
For a completist like myself it was all a bit daunting.

So today is the start of a fraction of one even smaller fraction of Mr. Childish's output starting with Thee Headcoats. They are raw primitive beat garage and quite wonderful to varying degrees of such. Like a lot of the Childish catalog they seem to make the same record over and over again with new songs. But it's a great fucking record, so who gives a shit.



Something Went Wrong (1991)

So as I wander through this world and flip through records, whenever I come across one of these at a reasonable price. I buy it. I've got five posts scheduled of Headcoats currently. And still looking for more.

Put on your formal deerstalker and let 'er rip. December is going to be a corker.

No comments:

Post a Comment