Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Eating Things. Listening to Other Things


I really should have a few more things here, but I'm not sure where it's at.




 Eaten by Her Own Dinner (1982)

I was pretty obsessed with Robyn Hitchcock for a long while. I had everything I could find and somewhere along the way decided I didn't need it anymore. I'd kind of internalized it to the point I didn't need to physically listen to it again.

That was kind of stupid of me.

I'm also pretty sure that I have a few more items somewhere, but I don't know where. Perhaps misfiled.

But I did keep this. It's a personal favorite.


 Follow Your Money (2015)

I think I've probably seen Robyn perform well over thirty times since 1986. He's always entertaining and worth seeing live. We've also chatted briefly on many occasions over the years since then. He, naturally has no memory of it since I'm generally just some random fan among many, but we've had some sort of weird conversational relationship going back some thirty odd years that he's completely unaware of. I think it's kind of funny.

This is a well spent single dollar for a Record Store Day release of a duet with Emma Swift who is Australian but lives in Nashville which is coincidentally where Robyn Hitchcock currently resides. Funny how that works.



 Push Out the Boat! (1983)

As an added bonus I'm throwing in a single by the Higsons so you too can join with Robyn and be "Listening to the Higsons" as on the above (which is the reason I bought it. I'm a curious sort and wondered what that involved).  Since this was released a year after the aforementioned song one can be fairly certain that neither of these songs were being listened to, but it should provide a taste of what one might expect.

You can listen to it now or if you're much more literal minded set it aside for your early November evening listening pleasure.

I don't care what you do in the privacy of your own home. That's your business. I've already heard it.

No comments:

Post a Comment