Monday, January 1, 2018

Happy Fucking New Year.


You may or may not be hungover.

I probably worked. I'm not.


On a Sunday (1983)

Yeah, so to gently ease your throbbing temples into the spit warm waters of the great chasm of 2018 I give you the mild sweet pop confection of Nick Heyward from my well loved personal copy of the lead off double seven inch of his solo career.

If you know Nick Heyward at all it's likely to be from his days as a young attractive cardigan model fronting Haircut 100 for their brief foray into the public consciousness before sinking quickly into obscurity to await the middle age of its teenage fans whence the nostalgic reunion tours could begin.

(I mean, that band really had some kind of weird sweater fetish. Look at the official video for "Love Plus One" and tell me different...)

Anyway, following the success of the first Lp, as frequently happens the lead singer goes solo and here we are. Two tracks from the Lp "North of a Miracle" (one song of which would end up in "Sixteen Candles" soundtrack)

So let yourself sink into the treacly goodness and float away into a fresh start before the shit starts anew.

No comments:

Post a Comment