Friday, January 5, 2018

Getting this Party Startled


Yeah. Yeah. Whatever. 

Hidden Chord (2000)

I've probably said it before, but the Twin Cities had a pretty good but largely ignored music scene around the turn of the century. Even I had a band. (We played for literal dozens of people). But alas, not even the people in and around here paid much attention. So much lost potential.

One of those bands was the Hidden Chord.

Here is one of their singles. Listen to it and decide for yourself.


Hold Steady (2013)

Yeah, Lifter Puller existed all through the 90's and nobody paid attention until half of that band moved to Brooklyn in 2000 and started doing a different version of the same thing. Then the hipsters had a big nerdgasm. Personally, the Hold Steady don't quite do it for me in the same way though. They're like the Springsteen Big Anthem version of Lifter Puller. But to each his own.

This was some kind of Record Store Day release by them bought a few years after the fact as sealed old stock. I think I got my two dollar's worth.

No comments:

Post a Comment