Saturday, February 17, 2018

Filling In


So I have another big discography project planned for Spring so I'm kind of back filling the posts until I can start that in earnest. How that will go over will remain to be seen, but I like it and this is my thing, so fuck it.

That said, I have a few random bits that don't go anywhere else to cobble together into coherence.


Big Black Truck (1978)

Peter Holsapple was part of the dBs. They were one of those bands that were Ok on record, but fucking mind blowing live. At least the couple of times I caught the at the Rat in Boston back in the 80's. This is a pre-dB solo single. There is a song on it entitled "96 Second Blowout" which should not be confused with the 10 seconds humbler "86 Second Blowout" by Yo La Tengo on their "May I Sing With Me" cd, but I don't doubt that Ira Kaplan and I have a lot of crossover in our respective record collections.




Roy Head and the Traits were from San Antonio in the state of Texas. They had some success later on with a tune called "Treat Her Right" a bit later in the same year as this one. It's pretty decent garage R&B. I don't really have much more to say about it besides I don't regret the two dollars I spent on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment