Sunday, February 25, 2018

I missed these


One of the perils of sitting for long periods and digitizing singles is that occasionally stuff doesn't get filed properly and things slip through the cracks and stuff that was meant to be thrust upon the unsuspecting blog reader is forgotten for the newest acquisitions.

This is one such story in the big city


 Immune System (1979)

This little slice of the state of the New Wave ca. the end of the 70's came from Chicago. Besides being quite an enjoyable little single their other claim to fame seems to be that a slightly later incarnation this guitarist was replaced by Al Jourgensen of Ministry fame.

Bourgeois Fun (1978)

I wasn't originally intending to post this one. I don't think it's really all that good. Ok, perhaps. But then I saw that are five of them for sale on Discogs with the lowest starting at forty bucks and thought, I should save some gullible member of the record buying public some disappointment and post it.
I mean, with a name like the Bodysnatchers with a song called "Bourgeois Fun" and on Proletariat Records, it ought to be a great lost punk rocker, right?
Nah, it's not.
It's not terrible. It's pretty primitively recorded and sparse, mid-tempo and with a bit of regular flavor rock around the edges. Nothing particularly special, but still much better than what was the top of the charts for the year (specifically the "Saturday Night Fever" soundtrack and "You Light Up my Life" by Debbie Boone).
You listen and decide if it's worth what people are asking. I got it for a buck, myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment