Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Good Enough or Not.


Another Lp today because I wanted an excuse to listen to it again.

 

The Allies (1982)

I'm not exactly sure if I like this one or not.
 I only bought it because it was cheap and local when I was in Seattle and the band had the right sort of look to them.
 And it is what it is.

A fairly solid bit of AOR New Wave-ish Rock and Roll.

 I mean it has some decent moments. "Emma Peel" is a solid track that apparently received some airplay on the very early days of MTV but then "Cruel Beauty" sounds like it would be more suited to red spandex pants than to skinny ties. But then one of the founding members was from a band called Bison that had previously had some success in the PNW and toured with the likes of Reo Speedwagon so a certain amount of rock posturing is going to be expected. It does kind of detract overall from my impression.

But as an AOR rock lp, it's mostly successful and interesting enough in that sense. But then I could only imagine them as an opening act for Blue Oyster Cult more so than say, Blondie though.


No comments:

Post a Comment