Tuesday, July 30, 2019

The Best Part of Travel


You go to new record stores in different cities and there's always stuff you would be less likely to find in your own town.

And so it was that this was the most amazing find I had on a trip to Seattle where we traveled halfway across the country to see Scientists play on their first real US tour. And it was totally fucking worth it....

But I digress.

I also found this record.




Ki Ra I (1983)

The band is called D-Day which is different from a previously posted band with that name.

This one is a Japanese New Wave band.

This four song ep is fucking great. Each song is unique and sounds kind of unlike most anything else I can think of. It's atmospheric and experimental but never unlistenable.




 I dig it greatly.



Enough that I feel like I want to post scans of the inserts for no particular reason other than I like it so much.

So there.


Guys with Glasses (1990)

 And then there's this.

One night as we were hanging out with one of my oldest friends a couple of days after the Scientists/Mudhoney show he hands me this single because he doesn't like it and thinks I might.

I already have and have posted the double single by these guys so he obviously was correct.

Fast pop songs not very well recorded and played kind of amateurishly?

That shit's right in my wheelhouse.

It's good stuff and I'd have put this on a hundred tapes for girls if I'd known about it at the time.

"Guys with glasses think...."

Thanks, Roger

No comments:

Post a Comment