Friday, August 30, 2019

1992


1992 was a year in the final decade of the 20th Century.
It was an Ok year, I suppose, as years go.
I mean, I had my issues with it, 
but I think most people who lived through it 
aren't harboring a deep seated calendar based resentment towards it as a whole.
It was simply a year that was.

And the year that produced these two records.



Fruit (1992)

Hey guys, you, uh, named your band "Fruit". That's kind of a terrible name if you want people to be able to look you up on the internet. It's at least on Sunday Records so I knew it was the sweet indiepop. But seriously. Fruit? That was the best you could come up with?



Bulldozer Crash (1992)

Your labelmates Bulldozer Crash had a better idea. Plop Bulldozer Crash into Google and you get plenty of links. Plus as a name it works ironically if you make quiet pop music.

Good job there, Bulldozer Crash.

No comments:

Post a Comment