Thursday, March 19, 2020

sPrinG is finally Here



Just because I can.

It's officially the Spring Equinox in the Northern Hemisphere which means I've only got another three or four big snowstorms before Summer hits.



sPrinG (2000)

This handmade Cdr disc by sPrinG has been sitting by my desk for years gathering dust and had reached a point of familiarity that it barely registered in my vision any longer.

It was just a thing that was there.

 I'm not even precisely sure I ever actually listened to it in its entirety.

Maybe.

It might have just been set down at one point and gotten moved around a few times before settling into the space it occupied until I picked it up and decided to look at it again just recently.

I am pretty sure that I may have received it from a member of the band probably at Sursumcorda in Minneapolis a couple of decades back. But that's hazy. Did they play? Were they just traveling through? I don't remember at all.

But I do think somebody handed it to me as occasionally happened when we played and they seemed to like what we were doing for some reason. But it's difficult to remember a short 30 second exchange from 20 years ago.

So it will remain somewhat a mystery. But I can't actually think of any other possible way it might have made it into my possession. For all I actually know it may have just suddenly materialized next to my desk without my noticing.

The gist of this rambling is:

I acquired this disc.
It existed in the periphery for a long time and at some point reasserted itself into my consciousness.
Now here it is.

And it's some nice dark lo-fi psychedelic weirdness just like you might have read about in the backpages of Ptolemaic Terrascope back in the day and a concept album.

I'm kind of puzzled as to why I never did check it out more than possibly once.

But we'll both be glad I did because it's something that ought not be consigned to oblivion.

Rescue it. Be aware of it. Enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment