Saturday, March 7, 2020

We Like Rain


So it's been about four months since I last posted anything to this silly escapade.

On your end there's been nothing noticeable. But here at SSC HQ there's been a whole lot of nothing going on besides occasionally checking to see if there's still some traffic soaking up the things I'm offering.

But the rub is that while I took a hiatus from queuing posts, I've still been buying records and cds and shit. So now I have a larger pile than ever of stuff to put up on here. It's a nice dilemma to have and one that should actually inspire me to be slightly more discerning as to what eventually makes it to this mess, but I also know me.

Things will appear as whim dictates.

There's lots of 90s indiepop in 7" and compact disc formats that needs reconsideration and I've really been toying with spending time presenting a grand overview of the music of Twin Cities as it existed in the mid-90s through the first part of this century. So much that needs rediscovering or rather discovering. You have no idea...

I also have a large number of semi-bootleg Duke Ellington Lps of radio performances from the 40s that I want to post because they're awesome.

Plus the never ending miscellaneous crap that catches my fancy.

The big takeaway on your end is going to be that as I near the limit on the free online storage I'll start deleting the oldest stuff here. Five years is plenty. Onwards and upwards. Snooze you lose etc...

Now on with our show...







The Jean-Paul Sartre Experience (aka JPS Experience after a lawsuit by the existentialist's estate) were one of the unfortunate Flying Nun bands that kind of flew under the radar on the label during their existence by virtue of simply being in the shadows of giants. (see also: Bird Nest Roys who put out one of my all time favorite Flying Nun or other records.)

"The Size of Food" is the JPSE's second Lp and without the sophomore slump apparent that plagues some bands. I'll stake "Elemental" or "Shadows" against pretty much any of their contemporary bands. 

This record is a sleeper.

No comments:

Post a Comment