Friday, March 27, 2020

They're All A-sides to Me


We continue with yet more early Scritti Politti



The released product of their 2nd Peel Session in June of 1979.
More of the same.
A lot more political bent on this one.
"Messthetics" 
Yes. 



A lifetime ago in my first band the bass player who was a few years older than the rest of us wanted to do a cover of "Confidence" from this. Never quite got that or the band off the ground, but I had possession of this for a brief period.
Listened to it a lot, but it was a few years before I could locate my own copy.
It would take a lot to pry it from my hands now.
Every song a gem. 
Posting this makes me happy because I have an excuse to play it a few extra times while I type about it.

2 comments:

  1. Just glad to be able to cue people in on the good stuff that they may have missed. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete