Tuesday, June 2, 2020

6 Songs No Waiting


Yeah, my blood sugar is low


Lifeboat (1985)

Jangled and chorus addled pop from Boston in the middle of the 1980s.
Their sole release on Dolphin Records

I saw them probably a number of times, but didn't really connect with it.

The gentle air of nostalgia for the sound makes it more palatable to my middle aged ears though and thus we are here at this moment.

I had a link for a minute or two to an interview with a founding member but I closed it and don't feel like looking it up again. If you're interested feel free to look up info yourself.

This exists as it is encased in amber anyway.
An artifact from a distant time when I didn't understand quite how poor I was and spent way too much time at the Rat, which is where I'm sure I saw them. They probably played with Dumptruck and another band I went specifically to see. Probably O Positive in 1985.
That sounds like a good and actually quite plausible bill.

Enjoy it as such.

No comments:

Post a Comment