Monday, June 29, 2020

The Inexplicable Still Unexplained


Got another large package of compact discs in the mail today plus a couple of records for good measure. I'm ripping those in another couple of windows.
Some of that shit might end up here in a year or two. Or not. I don't know anymore.


Meanwhile I'm going to queue up a few posts since I'm sitting here anyway.



Cannibal (1993)

Job's Daughters is a side project from Brendan Kearney of Thinking Fellers Union Local 282 abetted by Greg Freeman and others.
I read a while back on a link I can't relocate that the A side is an Ennio Moriccone track from the soundtrack to low budget Italian film "I Cannibal" The B side was from some odd Asian record of unknown origin, but a lovely song nonetheless.

That's about all I got.
I have some Duke Ellington shit to tag in another window...






Beat the Dog (1985)

A random flexi I acquired many years ago for the above noted fifty cents by Jesus Couldn't Drum. It is unfortunately afflicted with on nasty noisy blurt in the title track (such is the woe of cheap flexis), but is otherwise so wonderfully catchy that I decided to post it anyway.

I want to also go on record as not condoning actual animal cruelty and would like to assume that Jesus Couldn't Drum didn't either.

I'd kind of forgotten about this until it came up in the record box. Now I have the Jesus Couldn't Drum discography in my wantlist.

That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment