Thursday, August 13, 2020

International Seven Inches Cool


The preamble goes here.

I got distracted looking shit up that I lost my place.



La Linea Del Arco (1992)

The seven inch on Elefant Records apparently accompanied the #3 edition of a fanzine of the same name. I didn't get that with my copy.
No matter. I got the important part

Two bands from England and two from Spain.
All good.

I quite like the Usura track

Mercenary Tree Freaks have a web presence and I found an interview too.

La Sintesis have a few things in spanish to look at and apparently had only one press photo.

The Lovelies existed and didn't leave much of a trail to follow.




Benno Presents Volume Two (1999)

The tiny short lived Swedish label Benno brings the hits.

Bands are Nixon, Cat Skills, Ny Akustik and Chocolate Barry.

While each band and contribution has its merits and is lovely and wonderful in its own way, the reason I bought this was the brilliant cover of Jonathan King's cheesy 1970 wonder "Gay Girl"

A song so hilariously awful that it needed to be covered which Chocolate Barry does with abandon. (and spares me the duty to having to do it myself)

Yeah,  that's the stuff that gets me up in the morning ready to shuffle through crates of shitty records to find gems like this.

Today we're all winners..






No comments:

Post a Comment