Monday, August 10, 2020

Metal


Made some nice tomato soup from scratch and have some chicken thighs stewing in the oven with thyme and all the vegetables I had on hand.

My house smells fucking great.

Meanwhile the chocolate marshmallow ice cream I made a few days ago is waiting and I'm planning on scooping up a nice fat, rich as fuck, pure cream, motherfucking globe of sexy coolness at some point in the near future.

Kids, learn to cook.



Paris Marquis (1977)

The second single by the Parisian punk band called Metal Urbain.

Drum machines, guitars and synthesizers mixing it up.

But I don't know, but I find the sound of angry Frenchmen kind of funny.
It just sounds sort of wrong in a punk rock context.

Is that just me?

It's probably just me.

It's me.

Which isn't to say this is an unintentionally a funny record. I just have to take an extra second to appreciate it once the vocals start. (and as someone who can't speak any other languages, I really have no proper right to criticize anyone, but I did date a substitute French teacher for a while. I don't recommend it.)



It is early Rough Trade Records stuff, so you know it's essential listening.
Trust me.



Metal Boys (1979)

Some of the members of Metal Urbain made their own spin off band and they called themselves Metal Boys and sing in English and back it up with an instrumental track.

This too is good.

1 comment:

  1. It isn't just you. I love Metal Urbain-Metal Boys-Dr. Mix And The Remix, but I always kinda giggled inside when I heard "anarchie! bourgeois! fasciste!" even though the guitars and synths are goddam awesome.

    It's kinda like how some protesters put on black clothes and ski masks, but in France... yellow vests. No disrespect to the gilets jaunes movement and their goals, just a different look from the stereotypical revolutionary chic.

    ReplyDelete